Saturday, July 30, 2022

A Peaceful Promise

 The next in the Standing On The Promises Series

by David Cowan

In the 26th Chapter of Isaiah, verse 3, we are given a promise of peace. "You will keep him in perfect peace, who's mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You."

What steals your peace? What keeps you from calm and rest during your getting up and laying down?

For me, it is worry, worry about things I cannot change. There is a difference between worry and planning your day. I always plan out what I will do for the next day and what my guys will work on for the day, but gradually that planning seems to turn to worry and my peace is gone.

What if it rains? What if my parts don't come in? What if someone is sick tomorrow? What if what I measured to fit, doesn't fit correctly? All these things I have no real control over, but they steal my peace.

So, let's look at God's promise again. "You will keep him in perfect peace, who's mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

When we remember that God is in control of all things and especially those things we have no control over, we can breath a sigh of relief.  Jesus talked about this very thing in the 6th Chapter of Matthew. Starting in verse 25, He sums it up starting in verse 31. "Therefore do not worry, saying, What shall we eat? or What shall we drink? or What shall we wear? For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

There will be disruptions and troubles in our life, but God, when we trust in Him, will handle the eventual outcome to our benefit. Our job is to rely on Him, reflecting to the outside world our trust in Him, and deal with the present days complications as He has taught us and shows us how. That, personally, gives me a peace in the midst of chaos that only comes when I know in my heart God has my back.

It's a promise. 






No comments: