Sunday, October 7, 2018

He Is My Refuge

My Old Testament reading on a recent morning was Psalms 73 and 74. All of it was beautiful, plaintiff and inquiring, but one verse among them all, Psalms 73:28 stood out to me. It reads "But my chief good is to be near You, God; I have chosen you, Lord God, to be my refuge, and I shall recount all your works."

As I thought about the verse, I realized, thank you God, that His greatest work in my life was to choose me to give refuge. Not only did He choose me, but He had to make a way because I am not, on my own, worthy to be in His Presence.

In John 6, verse 44, Jesus says it plainly, "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day."

I may have made my decision for Christ, but it could never have happened unless God had chosen me first. Thank you, God, and I know that I have and will have many more works in my life that I can recount to others that You have chosen.

No comments: